I saw this survey on another blog that I follow and since, hello I had AOL in the 90s and I love surveys, I thought I’d give this one a go. I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, and resolutions for 2014!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I got married and traveled to quite a few new places.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes! My New Years’ resolution was to start a blog and keep it going for 1 year. My posts were sometimes infrequent, but they were there I tell you!
- As always, work out.
- Spend more time in the kitchen.
- Eat better.
- Try new things.
- Meet new people.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my lifelong best friend gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Tatum Leigh!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes our furbaby, Bubba.
5. What countries did you visit?
The Bahamas, Scotland, France, Amsterdam.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A house of our own! The urge to nest is real, people, with or without babies.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 4, 2013..the day I vomited outside a church and then married my best friend. (just kidding about the vomit but it was a close call)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Planning a huge wedding, then being able to completely separate myself from said-wedding and enjoy my honeymoon!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I did not stay on track with my workouts. As a matter of fact, I went to the gym almost daily until about March…didn’t see the gym again until around November! Yikes!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than chronic allergies that threaten to kill me with a change of wind direction, I was good.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Not the best question for an online shopping addict…everything is the best
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My parents and close friends went above and beyond for me this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hmm another tough one.. I don’t think that I had any sort of lasting relationship with anyone whose behavior made me appalled or depressed.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bridesmaid dresses/wedding dresses… I was in 3 weddings this year and attended 7!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
EURO TRIP! Agh, so much fun!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Could It Be by Charlie Worsham
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder?
Happier! And definitely less stressed out!
II. thinner or fatter?
Pretty much the same.
III. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken time to unwind and relax. We were on the go pretty much every other weekend of 2013.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressed out (wedding planning, budgeting, moving)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents’ lake house on Canyon Lake
21. Who had the biggest influence on your life in 2013?
Charlie, since he made me change my last name
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Yes, in more ways than one. I fell in love with Charlie again the day that we got married (cheeeese), and I fell in love with San Antonio again the day we moved downtown.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The Goldbergs. Oh God, the Goldbergs. Barry is my spirit animal.
25. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year?
I don’t think so.
26. What was the best book you read?
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. Couldn’t put it down! Also read the Game of Thrones and Outlander series.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh there were far too many to list. I pride myself on falling in love with songs 4-5 months before they show up in Apple commercials.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted a year full of travel, time spent with family, and love. I got all three!
29. What did you want and not get?
A house… had to leave something for 2014.
30. Best movies this year?
I’m not much of a movie buff… I did laugh all the way through This Is The End though!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 this year and spent the day stuck in the Sacramento airport coming home from a business trip. Ate my birthday dinner on the floor of the Las Vegas airport at 11:00 pm, satisfying all around.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Again… a house!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Loved some trends, loathed others. Faux fur vests – yes. High heeled sneakers – can’t do it.
34. What kept you sane?
Daily phone rants with Mom
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Franco, Rogen and Hill just get me.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Why anyone would make banning gay marriage their life’s work is beyond me.
37. Who did you miss?
I always miss my far-away family and friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Loved spending time with the Scotland gang!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
Things work out the way they are supposed to. Don’t spend time stressing, spend time doing!
40. One word or sentence to describe how you feel about 2013:
Such an amazing year, ready to conquer 2014!
Happy New Year, friends!